PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Bay goes down ...you opinion

asifnaz
February 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
The Pirate Bay was down this morning in most regions.

The Pirate Bay's Twitter has released a new logo, a black fist, and voiced its intention to remain strong in 2012.

"2012 is the year of the storm. The Pirate Bay will reach an age of [nine] years. Experiencing raids, espionage and death threats, we're still here. We've been through hell and back and it has made us tougher than ever," it said in an editorial on its web site.

Today is a sad for internet freedom . A blanket ban is always a bad idea .I have been seeding Ubuntu and Debian for last few months and Pirate Bay was one of the most used website for that . I think the wrong use of technology is bad but we should not kill technology itself .

Not everything on TPB was illegal ...

your opinion ...???

naxa
February 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
My opinion is to go to the
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet/
and sign it.

Docaltmed
February 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
This thread won't last long, but while it's here...

The technological advances which manifest themselves in services like Pirate Bay are simply evidence that the laws and morals surrounding intellectual property are not keeping up with the technology. Not surprising, this is true for a lot of areas.

I think the smartest way to quelch pirating would be for the content creators to dramatically reconstruct their business models to reflect the new technological reality. I'm quite willing to buy reasonably priced content that I actually own, that I won't lose when I change my hardware, and only from companies that aren't threatening me every time I go online.

Until such a time as the media companies wake the heck up, the Pirate Bay and similar sites serve as an incredibly useful economic goad to force modernization of a hidebound industry.

And then, there will always be those people for whom the common man's unfettered access to ideas and information is anathema.

a2j
February 2nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
if lots of money involved, it does not matter how many petitions will be signed...

Phoenixie
February 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
The Pirate Bay is not going down. They have just changed their domain name from .org to .se.

http://thepiratebay.se/

kthxbai.

forrestcupp
February 2nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Not everything on TPB was illegal ...

your opinion ...???

I'm sure there are plenty of other places to get the stuff that was legal.

CharlesA
February 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Thread closed.

There are other places to get legal stuff.