PDA

View Full Version : Android a year later

mauvebic
February 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
After a year of using android the novelty wears off abit and you can hopefully look at it more objectively. I havent used any of the other mobile platforms.

Browsing - I dont like how pages reload when im halfway through reading an article. I dont like how i can tap ten times on a link and nothing happens yet when i try to scroll the browser wants to load every link my finger passes over.

Location services - i dont like how i have to turn off GPS to keep certain apps from draining my battery trying to figure out where i am everytime i check someone's facebook status/pic/wtv... prompting me to forget it's off when i actually need maps/gps and wondering whats taking so long (lol)

multitasking - im still blurry on what apps keep running in the background and for how long - it took me awhile to figure out some widgets were much bigger memory hogs than others - it seems to me a simple facility to choose which apps can remain in the background would be nice (known in ancient times as the system tray).

There's a lot that i like but still some things could be better. Your thoughts?

Paqman
February 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
im still blurry on what apps keep running in the background and for how long

It keeps the last 6 things you interacted with ready for immediate use. You should be able to pull them up with a long press on your home button. Other stuff will only be running in the background if it's built to work that way.

rudihawk
February 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM
18 months later and I still love it to bits.