PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] question about partition deletion

forsubhi
February 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
I used testdisk 6.11 to recover my deleted partition in the transcend hard disk but when program listed the deleted partition I chose wrong partition and my lost partition doesn't appear again

how to recover my files

note : the problem begin after plunging my hard to windows7 and windows show me message that say ((format disk now ))

please help me

Paddy Landau
February 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
I am no expert in this, but as no one has answered you, let me at least give you a pointer.

Try reading the Community Data Recovery (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DataRecovery) page.

Google may also help.

For future note, please ensure you always keep up-to-date backups, especially when mucking about with partitions.

jwbrase
February 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM
For future note, please ensure you always keep up-to-date backups, especially when mucking about with partitions.

I'm not sure he knew he was mucking about with partitions. It looks like he plugged an ext2/3/4 disk into a machine running Windows and Windows ever so helpfully said something along the lines of "I can't read the filesystem on this partition, so it must be blank. Let me format that to NTFS for you", and he approved that without realizing what it would do.