PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dpkg problem

sreeram.kaka
January 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
HI,

After installing ubuntu 8.04 in my laptop I executed the syntaptic package manager for updating and installing all the necessary packages for the OS. On the event of execution of the manager my laptop got stalled and it restarted. After restarting, whenever I try running the syntaptic manager i get the error as dpkg error. Saying that file is being corrupted. Is there any ways of solving the above mentioned problem other than reinstalling the OS.

josephmills
January 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM
HI,

After installing ubuntu 8.04 in my laptop I executed the syntaptic package manager for updating and installing all the necessary packages for the OS. On the event of execution of the manager my laptop got stalled and it restarted. After restarting, whenever I try running the syntaptic manager i get the error as dpkg error. Saying that file is being corrupted. Is there any ways of solving the above mentioned problem other than reinstalling the OS.

you might be able to grab the programs in other places then install there. As 8.04 is outdated and not supported. I would say that it is going to be much more easy to just get a newer copy copy of ubuntu at least 10.04 and re-install
Joseph