PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome shell with dual monitors: strange overlay mode behaviour

AntoineT
January 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hi fellow Gnome shell users,

I'm using Gnome-shell 3.2 in Ubuntu 11.10 with a dual monitor setup. I've disabled the "workspaces_only_in_primary" key in gconf-editor so that both monitors use workspaces.

The strange thing is that when I hit the Activities corner to get into Overlay Mode, my primary monitors shows thumbnails of windows that appear in the primary monitor in the current workspace, but the secondary monitors show thumbnails if windows that are in the secondary monitor in all workspaces.

For example, assume I have the following windows opened:

Workspace 1: Chromium in the primary monitor, TB in the secondary
Workspace 2: Gedit in the primary monitor, Evince in the secondary monitor.

If I go into overlay mode while in Workspace 1, the primary monitor will show a thumbnail of Chromium (as expected), but the secondary monitor will show a thumbnail of both TB and Evince. Likewise, if I go into overlay mode while in workspace 2, the primary monitot will display a preview of Gedit, while the secondary will show previews of both TB and Evince.

Does anyone know how to get Gnome-shell to only display previews of windows in the current workspace in both primary and secondary monitors?

Best,
Antoine

AntoineT
February 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Bumpity bump...