PDA

View Full Version : First time & Loving it!

AGD
March 10th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Hi guys thought i would stop by and leave a msg about how happy i am with ubuntu :grin: Last night i wiped my Windows Partition for good and installed an old 8.1 of SuSE only to find i was way out of my depth with it being so old it needed some major patching and thought i had just killed my box for nothing! but a friend pointed me towards your distro and well what can i say, first time install, no problems at all even with the text based install i didnt find myself as panicy as i was with the SuSE GUI install , Hardware detection was smooth! now up and running my first ever proper linux install and loving it :grin:

Big BIG BIG! ty to The Ubuntu Maintainers/Community

Regards, AGD

bored2k
March 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hi guys thought i would stop by and leave a msg about how happy i am with ubuntu :grin: Last night i wiped my Windows Partition for good and installed an old 8.1 of SuSE only to find i was way out of my depth with it being so old it needed some major patching and thought i had just killed my box for nothing! but a friend pointed me towards your distro and well what can i say, first time install, no problems at all even with the text based install i didnt find myself as panicy as i was with the SuSE GUI install , Hardware detection was smooth! now up and running my first ever proper linux install and loving it :grin:

Big BIG BIG! ty to The Ubuntu Maintainers/Community

Regards, AGD
Yes ubuntu IS great.

I might suggest you visiting http://ubuntuguide.org/ for some tips and applications you would love having.
Also go here http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3713 for the tweaks you should do after installing Ubuntu [like mp3 playback and such].

Anything else, we're here.

oracledarren
March 11th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Hi

Welcome aboard.

This afternoon dispite already having a heavily installed copy of array 4, I downloaded the preview and installed that.

From the burning of the disk to being fully up and running with all of my data and programs from the other disk took just an hour. Like I said I had alot of other dev progs installed.

Well done to the Ubuntu team :) and to the rest of the community who are there to help when we get stuck :mrgreen:

Take care

Darren

neom
March 11th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Welcome to one of the most versatile, scalable, usable operating systems do date.

Hope you enjoy the ride! :)

DJ_Max
March 11th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Welcome to one of the most versatile, scalable, usable operating systems do date.

You forgot sexy. \\:D/

Carlitos
March 11th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Hello first time Linux user and LOVING the experience so far with Ubuntu. I was planning on buying a mac mini so I can compute in OSX goodness and rid myself of my XP install but saw some Ubuntu screenshots with gnome that I thought looked sexy enough for me and I have zero regrets here. Now I just need to find out how to play World of Warcraft if its even possible on Linux.

DJ_Max
March 11th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Hello first time Linux user and LOVING the experience so far with Ubuntu. I was planning on buying a mac mini so I can compute in OSX goodness and rid myself of my XP install but saw some Ubuntu screenshots with gnome that I thought looked sexy enough for me and I have zero regrets here. Now I just need to find out how to play World of Warcraft if its even possible on Linux.
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=707

Slapdash
March 11th, 2005, 08:04 AM
You forgot sexy. \\:D/

LOL Yeah! 8-)

Welcome to Ubuntu guys!! Enjoy