PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] los my usc and have problem to install it again

Ax3
January 29th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi mates

i los my ubuntu sofware center by mistak , ans i can't reinstall it , the following mesg appear

sudo apt-get install software-center
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
software-center : Depends: software-center-aptdaemon-plugins but it is not installable
Depends: gir1.2-glib-2.0 (>= 1.31) but 1.30.0-0ubuntu2 is to be installed
Depends: python-gi-cairo but it is not installable
Depends: python-debtagshw but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

then i tried to reinstall it from synaptic and frome ubuntu web sit online and got the same mesg
i mad -f instal and fix broken backge and dpkg --configure -a , get nothing also ..... i reied to dwonload the missing backeg i gor python-gi- cairo and fall to install it using gdebi also i can't find the other backg ,,,

i need ur help guys i want to re install my ubuntu software center my version is 11.1
thank you

dino99
January 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
adding packages from untrusted archives is the best way to get a borked installation: only use genuine ubuntu archives (purge the ppa via synaptic)

Ax3
January 29th, 2012, 01:23 PM
adding packages from untrusted archives is the best way to get a borked installation: only use genuine ubuntu archives (purge the ppa via synaptic)
thank u i burged all ppa and make down grade then mak restart and sudo apt-get update , after that i had reinstall USC successfuly then restor my PPA by YPPA manger , and mak update to my system , but now i have small problem with start up , it' start up withe balck screen , ubuntu logo and ubuntu start up screen didn't appear just i have the startup sound can u kindly help me
than you again