PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Fanboy - How Close Are You???

1roxtar
January 29th, 2012, 07:11 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/1ROXTAR/MyUbuntuLaptop.jpg

I have to admit, I pretty much love everything Ubuntu. I like everthing from the distro (running 11.10 & 12.04), to the branding, to our SABDFL Mark Shuttleworth. Am I saying everything is just peachy perfect? No, but it's great enough for me to abandon MS Windows entirely. I've bought the Ubuntu baseball cap, the branded mouse, powered by Ubuntu stickers (Zareason), and Canonical store sticker packs. I've installed Ubuntu on many of my friend's and families computers. I promote it on my Facebook, write blogs about it, test the developer versions and submit bug reports. Since finding Linux in general and Ubuntu specifically, I am enjoying my computers!!! Just look at what I did to my laptop. ;)

UBUNTU FTW!!!

Perfect Storm
January 29th, 2012, 08:25 AM
The only thing I have is ubuntu labels on the computers.

Lucradia
January 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not an ubuntu fanboy, especially since the change to GNOME Shell and GNOME 3. I'm back to Xfce, Mini.iso, or Fedora's XFCE.

Welly Wu
January 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
System76 is giving away four powered by Ubuntu and Ubuntu key stickers for free at their website http://www.system76.com. I just stuffed a folded self addressed stamped envelope inside an envelope addressed to their company's address requesting those free stickers. I plan to decorate my ASUS N61JV-X2 notebook PC with Ubuntu stickers because I am a proud Ubuntu fan boy.

fontis
January 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I used to be a huge ubuntu fanboy, I used to love Mark and the whole 9 yards but ever since the Unity trend, I can't say I do anymore. I still respect Mark for doing something - which is arguably better than nothing - but I don't agree with his decisions, nor with the unity decision.

sffvba[e0rt
January 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I am wearing an Ubuntu cap where I am sitting typing this and my lappy has two Ubuntu stickers on it...

I use Ubuntu, I like Ubuntu, I support Ubuntu.

I am a boy. I am a fan.

PS - Forgot, loving my Ubuntu mugs as well :p

Primefalcon
January 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
What I c an say to this thread.... Ubuntu Rocks!

1roxtar
January 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
PS - Forgot, loving my Ubuntu mugs as well :p

That's my next purchase...The Ubuntu mug. ;)

rudihawk
January 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I use Ubuntu, but I'm not a fanboy.

wolfen69
January 30th, 2012, 12:33 AM
@1roxtar: you copied me! 3 1/2 yrs ago, I started this thread. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=887259

Linuxratty
January 30th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I use Ubuntu, but I'm not a fanboy.

Nor am I...

Copper Bezel
January 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
No merch and I don't even use Unity, but I'm definitely a fanboy. I'm a Linux fanboy, and I'd've never ended up on Linux if not for Ubuntu.

I'm not a sticker person, and my machine's too pretty for them. (I've seen people slap bumper stickers on Macbook Airs, and I cry a little, silently.) I have considered bumper sticker options for my car, but my car's really too ugly for them.

What I really need is an Ubuntu emblem that would look good on a Zippo lighter.

3rdalbum
January 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I rather like Unity. For a lot of people that makes me a fanboy, even though I am disappointed that Unity isn't more featureful.

Bölvağur
January 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I do not have any sticker or anything saying ubuntu except few CD labels.:popcorn:

wolfen69
January 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Fanboy is just a word. Do I use ubuntu exclusively? Yes. If that makes me a fanboy, then yes I am.

rudihawk
January 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Nor am I...

I use it because it works for what I want to do with it.

I still use Windows 7 quite a bit (I game quite a bit) and LibreOffice/Open Office Calc can't compete with MS Excel in an Engineering environment.

1roxtar
January 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
@1roxtar: you copied me! 3 1/2 yrs ago, I started this thread. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=887259

Niiiice!!! LOL. I want my laptop to scream Ubuntu, also. When people see an apple on the back of a laptop, they know it's a Mac. I want people see mine stand out as such. If anything, I want people to notice it and ask me what Ubuntu is.

1roxtar
January 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Fanboy is just a word. Do I use ubuntu exclusively? Yes. If that makes me a fanboy, then yes I am.

People usually avoid the word "fanboy" because it's generally used as a derogatory term. It usually implies blind allegience and outlandish propagandism. I came to learn about Linux through Ubuntu so I do feel a sense of appreciation and loyalty. It is a great distro that is getting better with every release, in my opinion, regardless if you like Unity or not. Ubuntu is great with KDE, Xfce, Lxde or any other desktop environment that's out there. I am an unashamed fanboy because I use it and love it but I never bash anyone using any other distro. I am happy just knowing that we have so many choices and there's something out there for everyone.