PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot open local files in Firefox 9.01

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
My local html file links no longer work inFirefox.

My desktop IS my server!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an example that does not work as of today's update to Firefox 9.0.1!!!

echo "<td align='left' <a target='_blank' href=\"/aam/foliofn/u_oc_list_symbol.php?s=$symbol\" >$symbol</a> </td>";

This is from a php dynamic html program that worked this morning!!!

I NEED this to work by Monday AM.

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Ok. What sort of php code are you running? I just checked my site with Firefox 9 and it showed up fine and I have a few php "print" and "echo" statements

Are you getting any error messages?

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I have attached two screenshots:

'debian' is running in Virtualbox. The columns Symbol and sma20 show working links in Blue. If I click on the value 6.7 another local php program runs and shows info from a child tabe.

'U10.4' does not show in Blue and the values are not clickable.

Before running 'Update Manager' the links were ok.

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Check the page source to see what it is rendering it as.

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 06:06 AM
P.S.

Chromium 15.0.874.106 (Developer Build 107270 Linux) Ubuntu 10.04 is also failing to show the Blue links!

Apparmor problem?

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I doubt it. Check the page source and validate your code. I use TotalValidator for that.

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Check the page source to see what it is rendering it as.

<td align='right' <a target='_blank' href="list_fvall_symbol.php?s=VIVO&m=2012-01-27&i=interval 1 month " >-6.7</a> </td>

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Forgot to close the td tag, it should look something like this:

<td align='right'><a target='_blank' href="list_fvall_symbol.php?s=VIVO&m=2012-01-27&i=interval 1 month ">-6.7</a></td>

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I doubt it. Check the page source and validate your code. I use TotalValidator for that.

Installing TotalValidator.

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Depending on what version of html you are using, it probably should look more like this:

<td align="right"><a target="_blank" href="list_fvall_symbol.php?s=VIVO&m=2012-01-27&i=interval 1 month ">-6.7</a></td>

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Depending on what version of html you are using, it probably should look more like this:

<td align="right"><a target="_blank" href="list_fvall_symbol.php?s=VIVO&m=2012-01-27&i=interval 1 month ">-6.7</a></td>

Whew! Thanks, I have it now.

I have a lot of fixing to do now.

Here is what worked:
<td align='right' ><a target='_blank' href="list_fvall_symbol.php?s=VIVO&m=2012-01-27&i=interval 1 month " >-6.7</a> </td>

Pesky little >

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Indeed. Just out of curiosity, what version of HTML are you using? My site is using XHTML-strict.

TotalValidator helps quite a bit with catching small coding errors.

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Indeed. Just out of curiosity, what version of HTML are you using? My site is using XHTML-strict.

TotalValidator helps quite a bit with catching small coding errors.

Don't really know what version. Never thought of it that way! 99% of the time I am using html with PHP to list mysql table contents through the browser. I don't run a site for public use. I use bluefish editor.

When I try to use Total Validator I get:
Basic tool not found. Download and install it, or check the 'Path to tool'.

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Don't really know what version. Never thought of it that way! 99% of the time I am using html with PHP to list mysql table contents through the browser. I don't run a site for public use. I use bluefish editor.

When I try to use Total Validator I get:
Basic tool not found. Download and install it, or check the 'Path to tool'.
You have a doctype declaration (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp), right?

Huh, you should just be able to unpack the tar somewhere and run it by double-clicking on total_validator.sh

Make sure you have java installed as it is a java application.

4partee
January 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
You have a doctype declaration (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp), right?

Huh, you should just be able to unpack the tar somewhere and run it by double-clicking on total_validator.sh

Make sure you have java installed as it is a java application.

Nope! Don't use doctype. I waste no time getting into PHP. Almost exclusive use of PHP/mysql table driven dynamic output.

I added doctype to the program like this:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<?php

echo "<title>List VIG</title>";

include('connect.php');
$now = date('Y-m-d H:i:s');
list($maxfiledate) = mysql_fetch_row(mysql_query("select max(filedate) from fvall"));
echo " <HR><B>It is now $now, AS-OF $maxfiledate</B></HR>";

and I see no change. All seems to be working again.

What tar? I installed as an add-on under FF tools.

Yes, have java. Whatever is standard in U10.4.

CharlesA
January 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM
There won't be any change, the doctype just tells the browser what version/standard of html you are using.

Ah the addon, I use the standalone version (http://www.totalvalidator.com/downloads/totalvalidatorbasic.tar.gz) so I am not sure why you are getting that message.