PDA

View Full Version : FF9 Looks good!

sanscents
January 28th, 2012, 08:04 PM
It was a long wait,but works well for me! It seems to start faster, I usually just open a blank page and it is loading in about one second. AMD Sempron LE-1300 w/ 3GB memory. (Or maybe I'm just overly relieved firefox-bin is no longer a problem :D)

Thanks everyone!):P

wolfen69
January 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I don't notice much of a difference.

lovinglinux
January 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Firefox 9 is a lot faster than 3.6.

If you experience any issues with the upgrade to Firefox 9, please post in the Firefox 9 & Beyond Mega Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712247).

BrokenKingpin
January 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I can't get over the insane leap in version numbers. A few years from now FF97 will be out, and only have one or two new features than the current version.

Bitching about the version numbers aside, I prefer Chromium as it is faster and the syncing works far better.

sanscents
January 29th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I prefer Chromium as it is faster and the syncing works far better.
I used Chromium extensively while waiting for a fix to the firefox-bin problem, and I find it does not have the user-flexibility Firefox does. As I mentioned, FF9 loads extremely well on my computer, and has some new features I'm happy to see.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for bringing it to me :)

Shinon Yoshida
January 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I agree Firefox 9 is a pretty good improvement on stability by far, at least for me that is. I like both Chromium and Firefox but unfortunately I'm not a fan of Chromiums extensions. Firefox has great extensions like Flashgot that have no equivalents on Chromium. As I use these extensions everyday, I use Firefox more.