PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Cannot Enable User Themes Extension

Jeff A.
January 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I've added the web upd8 repository, installed gnome tweak tool, and installed shell extensions. When i go to enable them in advanced settings, there is a yellow triangle by the switch box that says "extension does not support shell version"

I'm using gnome shell, just installed it a few minutes ago. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong??

Frogs Hair
January 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'm using the same PPA , so I would try the following
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
logout and in or restart . Additional extensions can be found here . https://extensions.gnome.org/#page=1

Jeff A.
January 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I ran the update and upgrade, it did install a couple things. Restarted,but still no luck in gnome tweak tool.

I looked at your link also, but every extension listed was grayed out and said "incompatible with your version of gnome"

:confused:

Bobhuber
January 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I ran the update and upgrade, it did install a couple things. Restarted,but still no luck in gnome tweak tool.

I looked at your link also, but every extension listed was grayed out and said "incompatible with your version of gnome"

:confused:
Make sure that web8 is the only PPA activated (ricotz disabled) and completely remove and reinstall gnome-tweak tool. Also a reboot was required for me when I first reinstalled the tweak tool. As far as the website with extensions is concerned it is really wiggy. I use firefox and have to reload the browser occasionaly in order for the page to accept my Gnome install.

Jeff A.
January 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Make sure that web8 is the only PPA activated (ricotz disabled) and completely remove and reinstall gnome-tweak tool. Also a reboot was required for me when I first reinstalled the tweak tool. As far as the website with extensions is concerned it is really wiggy. I use firefox and have to reload the browser occasionaly in order for the page to accept my Gnome install.

Alright i used syaptics to completely remove gnome tweak tool. How can i go about making sure ricotz is disaled, and disable it if it isnt already?

Sorry, i'm not very experienced in Linux lol

Bobhuber
January 27th, 2012, 08:27 PM
In synaptic go to settings-repositories-other software and make sure ricotz is unchecked or just remove it if installed.