PDA

View Full Version : UNITY is Divisive

QBalls
January 27th, 2012, 02:56 AM
On behalf of all the others out there who lovED ubuntu for its simple to use interface (gnome), and no frills approach to getting things done. I'd just like to say, to the Show Pony element within the ubuntu community who seem to prize Bells & Whistles above good old Familiarity, GOODBYE & stick your launcher where it fits.

Unity has destroyed all of my settings, lost years of my "evolution" emails (which cant be installed because of a package dependency, (which I'd post the name of, BUT the NEW "terminal window" has a terminal flaw, it won't allow copy or paste functions, "mouse or keyboard")) . Thunderbird won't even import the old emails. All the little aps that I used - not even a goodbye note. And all upgraded through the update manager with no provision undo or backtrack.

It will take weeks of sifting through howtos trying to recover what has been disappeared by the foolish decision to upgrade. Gnome Classic view just doesn't cut it.

I know it is my own fault. I've been able blunder my way along, never learning the tech aspects of Ubuntu. You could do that in Ubuntu. I had never even heard of UNITY^tm. If only I'd googled it, I'd have heard the tales of woe.

Now please excuse me while I go %^&$ around with the "back in time" ap to see if I can get some useability back.

To all of you who have had your hearts in the right place (and I know the ubuntu community was full of you) thankyou.
To the rest of you Show Ponies - if you kneed a hand getting that launcher to where it fits, let me know.....
QBalls out!

|{urse
January 27th, 2012, 02:58 AM
If you wanted to get rid of unity you could have just asked, it's really easy. Via con dios! :popcorn:

KiwiNZ
January 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
For the sake of community Unity

Closed