PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with apt-get

Folley
January 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Folks,

I'm trying to verify and install some programs in Ubuntu (64bits, version 11.10, oneiric), but I'm receiving the following error:

=====================================
Get:97 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com oneiric-backports/universe Translation-en [5,524 B]
99% [90 Translation-en bzip2 0 B] [62 Packages bzip2 277 kB] 365 kB/s 0s
bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

Err http://br.archive.ubuntu.com oneiric/universe i386 Packages
404 Not Found
99% [87 Translation-en gzip 400 kB] [Waiting for headers] 365 kB/s 0sE: Unable to parse package file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_multive rse_i18n_Translation-en.decomp (1)
Fetched 22.9 MB in 1min 5s (349 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_main_so urce_Sources Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_univers e_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_multive rse_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_main_bi nary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_univers e_binary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_multive rse_binary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_main_bi nary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/universe/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_multive rse_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-updates_main_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_main_binary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_main_i1 8n_Translation-en Encountered a section with no Package: header

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_multive rse_i18n_Translation-en

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_univers e_i18n_Translation-en Encountered a section with no Package: header

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
=====================================

Someone know if there are any problems with the packages? Because sounds like the packages are corrupted.

Regards,

cortman
January 26th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Whoa! What command were you running to install? Are you trying to install from a repository or a downloaded tarball or deb?

Looks like you edited your sources.list, and that's throwing everything off. Is that right? If you're installing from a local package, you don't have to touch that file.

Answer some of my questions above, and we'll see if we can get it sorted out!