PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to copy DVD without closing it ?

forsubhi
January 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I want to copy data to DVD without closing it and copy more data next time to it
what is the method to doing that ?

sometimes in windows7 I can make DVD like flash disk with capacity 1.5 Gb
is there any method to doing same thing in ubuntu ?

Frogs Hair
January 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I want to copy data to DVD without closing it Could you explain this in better detail.

It reads like you would like to be able write directly to disk . Instead of moving the data to a program like Libre Office adding to it and saving it each time . My documents saved to disk are read only an I am unable to change that while they are saved to a disk .

sometimes in windows7 I can make DVD like flash disk with capacity 1.5 Gb is there any method to doing same thing in ubuntu ?

What do you mean by sometimes ?

satanselbow
January 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Are you talking about CDR or CDRW?

If CDR/DVDR then you can create multisession disks in k3b (or other burning tool of your choice)

If CDRW then you mean packet writing - ie using a cdrw as a large floppy - then YES! BUT! since the advent of cheap USB sticks it is pretty dead in the water afaik :( and pretty much consigned to the same techno dustbin as the floppy disks it successfully replaced ;)

There is a thread here from back in the day: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=129093&page=5

but I would not like to comment on how valid it is in later/modern versions of ubuntu ;)

forsubhi
January 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I mean ,for example, I want to copy 20mb to cd then after two day I want to copy extra 40 mb to it , how could I do that in ubuntu ?
cos when I copy the 20m with k3b then I cannot copy to cd again