PDA

View Full Version : Which movie should win the Oscar for best picture?

TheNerdAL
January 24th, 2012, 04:21 PM
The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

I haven't seen them yet, so I can't decide right now. lol.

philinux
January 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
The Artist
The Descendants
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

Not seen them either. There are some strong contenders though.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

haqking
January 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
The Artist
The Descendants
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

Seen them all but i cant say any of them are worth the movie ticket let alone an oscar ;-)

of course my opinion

sffvba[e0rt
January 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Seen them all but i cant say any of them are worth the movie ticket let alone an oscar ;-)

of course my opinion

That is a lot of movies to go see without getting your money's worth...

skierkyles
January 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I haven't seen any of them, but I thought the Tree of Life looked quite interesting.

mamamia88
January 25th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Only one I saw in that list was Moneyball. It was very good in my opinion. The artist just seems like a gimmic but i haven't seen it

haqking
January 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM

yes indeed, it could be ;-)

lisati
January 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I don't get to the movies much these days, preferring to wait until they're on DVD. Went last week with Mrs Lisati to see Sione's 2: Unfinished Business (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869671/), the first time ever in 19 years together that it's been just the two of us. It got me thinking back to the days many years ago when I could get a seat for $1, and switching to adult prices @ $2/ticket was a big deal.

haqking
January 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I don't get to the movies much these days, preferring to wait until they're on DVD. Went last week with Mrs Lisati to see Sione's 2: Unfinished Business (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869671/), the first time ever in 19 years together that it's been just the two of us. It got me thinking back to the days many years ago when I could get a seat for $1, and switching to adult prices @ $2/ticket was a big deal.

The movies near where i am charges £6 minimum per person, when i take my daughter it costs along with the obligatory popcorn and hot dogs which she has to have about £20 - £25.

I miss most of the movie as i recover from my coronary ;-)

TeoBigusGeekus
January 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I've only seen Midnight in Paris, which was an excellent movie and will therefore not win the oscar.

odiseo77
January 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I've only seen Midnight in Paris, which was an excellent movie and will therefore not win the oscar.

Indeed :D

Besides "Midnight in Paris", I saw "The Tree of Life". Didn't like it that much, but I must admit it's well done and has some beautiful images.

mips
January 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Last movie I saw was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in 2005 and what a disappointment that was. Prior to that was also a very big gap.

I gave up on going to the movies because of:
1. People talking during the movie
2. Cell phones ringing and conversations that follows the ring
3. Price rape for cold stale popcorn & other sweats
4. Expensive ticket costs

I prefer watching movies at home alone or with friends over.

forrestcupp
January 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Last movie I saw was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in 2005 and what a disappointment that was.
I was kind of disappointed with that movie, too. I liked it, but as a big fan of the books, I hoped that they would do a much better job.

aykoola
January 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I would vote for Midnight in Paris! :)

Simian Man
January 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
The only new movie I saw this year was Bridesmaids which was really funny. But of course they only give these awards to serious movies aka movies that would bore me senseless.

ice60
January 31st, 2012, 03:06 PM
i'd rather be in gitmo than have to sit through all that dross. i'm not trolling, i just get very upset trying to find a film i like and wonder how anyone can watch those kind of films!