PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cant burn a Live cd with Windows7 or Mint

plencner99
January 24th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I was trying to switch from Mint 11 to Ubuntu 11.10 by live dvd .I downloaded on windows machine Burnt with infracorder ay low speed like I've down many times in the past.I pop it into my linux machine boot from cd rom back to mint.Mint claims blank disc,Try again same thing.Then I try it using windows image burner same thing.Download in mint burn with Brasseo and and the stock image burner again at low speed.Same thing I pop in a dvd plays fine pop in another live cd I made years ago works fine.What I'm I missing?????? Also MD5 are all correct.

bluexrider
January 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
It may be your medium you are using. I have had trouble with certain brands in the past not producing a satisfactory .ISO.

Try using a USB stick to boot from.

varunendra
January 24th, 2012, 03:31 PM
It may be your medium you are using. I have had trouble with certain brands in the past not producing a satisfactory .ISO.

Try using a USB stick to boot from.
+1 to the bad disc possibility, and +2 to the 'try USB' option.

Also, if you burn the disc again, make sure it is 'Finalized' (that is, session is 'closed' after burning the data).

Mark Phelps
January 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
If you want to try burning again in MS Windows, look for ImgBurn. It's a free download and does a great job of burning optical disks from image files.