PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] does anyone know how to get ubuntu or debian to run on a MIPS velocity micro t301?

Topazkitty
January 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
I decided to purchase one of these tablets and I'm still waiting for it in the mail. I was wondering if anyone knew how to run ubuntu on it instead of android if that's possible. its a velocity micro t301.

kerry_s
January 21st, 2012, 10:37 PM
well that's a bad buy.
i very much doubt it since it can't even run Android good. worst yet it's a old Android version, you want atleast 2.2+ & atleast 512mb ram, least is not resistive screen, but it might as well be.
cancel if you can, if want cheap kindle fire is your best bet. ideapad a1 might also be 1 to look at, but I've seen some bad reviews on quality & crap parts been used.

Topazkitty
January 21st, 2012, 11:24 PM
I don't think i can cancel it but it is upgradable to 2.2 any other ideas?

thanks.

I wasn't planning on really doing much with this tablet anyway.
I got it because it was on sale.

Never mind about the cancelling I decided I didn't want the tablet but it would let me cancel it on walmart so I am going to return it when i get it.

kerry_s
January 22nd, 2012, 03:55 AM
I don't think i can cancel it but it is upgradable to 2.2 any other ideas?

thanks.

I wasn't planning on really doing much with this tablet anyway.
I got it because it was on sale.

Never mind about the cancelling I decided I didn't want the tablet but it would let me cancel it on walmart so I am going to return it when i get it.

might as well play with it for awhile :-)
i bought it when it was going at $99, played with it 1 night before i took it back.
but who knows you might like it even if i didn't, is this your first Android tablet?

i now use a galaxy player 5.0, bought at $200, normally go's around $250.
it's only a 5 inch tablet, but after trying all the other sizes, i wanted smaller to carry everywhere, i'm always on this thing. since my son took my PC this is my only internet/media device. it does it all.

Topazkitty
January 22nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
might as well play with it for awhile :-)
i bought it when it was going at $99, played with it 1 night before i took it back.
but who knows you might like it even if i didn't, is this your first Android tablet?

i now use a galaxy player 5.0, bought at $200, normally go's around $250.
it's only a 5 inch tablet, but after trying all the other sizes, i wanted smaller to carry everywhere, i'm always on this thing. since my son took my PC this is my only internet/media device. it does it all.

This is my first tablet. I just wanted one cheap that can play videos and go online while watching youtube

kerry_s
January 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
This is my first tablet. I just wanted one cheap that can play videos and go online while watching youtube

it should do that fine, maybe slow, just wait it out.
you'll also want to grab "getjar" & "amazon app store" for apps, Cruz market sucked if i remember right, i tried a lot of tablets looking for the right 1 gets fuzzy after awhile. lol

Topazkitty
January 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
ok thank you

Topazkitty
February 2nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
I had recieved the tablet last week and it was defective within 12 hours or so with a popping charger and it couldnt keep time as it thought it was 1969.

Now I purchased a Coby Kyros and I am waiting for it to ship.

I hope that one works well. It is atleast supposed to be able to run angry birds and comes with ARM instead of mips.