PDA

View Full Version : weather

mmsmc
January 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM
im pretty sure this does not dabble into the subject of politics, but whats your view on haarp? just another conspiracy to put fear in our hearts on a legit program?

Gremlinzzz
January 20th, 2012, 05:11 PM
What is HAARP

answer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-T_KvLNdQ&feature=related

:popcorn:

Paqman
January 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM
just another conspiracy

This. There are a lot of good sensible reasons to be experimenting with big antennas bouncing RF around the atmosphere without making up imaginary boogie men.

3Miro
January 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I guess the History channel should be renamed to nonsense and bs channel. Just think about all the cars, trucks, power plants, the entire human industrial complex and so on and the effect those have on the weather. Then compare that to a tiny antenna in Alaska. This is utter nonsense.

wolfen69
January 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I guess the History channel should be renamed to nonsense and bs channel.
The history channel is awesome. They have many good programs on there. So every program is bs because of one thing?

Gremlinzzz
January 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
They dont seem to be hiding the project:popcorn:
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

Gremlinzzz
January 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
They dont seem to be hiding the project:popcorn:
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

This page explains alot FAQ
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/faq.html

3Miro
January 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
The history channel is awesome. They have many good programs on there. So every program is bs because of one thing?

Everything that I have seen from them lately was about ancient aliens, ghosts and now those conspiracy theories. Also, biker gangs and some reality show about guns, but at those are real.

I am sure they have some good things, but this type of garbage seems to be dominant.

Lucradia
January 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Yes, the USA has made weather machines, but not on massive scales. Mainly, they use these machines to create weather phenomenon at small scale, like tornadoes inside labs, etc, but these machines aren't producing any old tornado, they're producing small scale ones with the forces of big ones.

Also, the USA was, and probably still is, thinking about creating a small, thin tower high into the atmosphere to pump out sulfur (albeit, small traces) into the sky, helping cool down the earth like a large volcano would.

As for "ancient aliens," research the Mayans, martians, Atlantis, Egyptians and the Lemurians, see how they're all connected.

Gremlinzzz
January 21st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Yes, the USA has made weather machines, but not on massive scales. Mainly, they use these machines to create weather phenomenon at small scale, like tornadoes inside labs, etc, but these machines aren't producing any old tornado, they're producing small scale ones with the forces of big ones.

Also, the USA was, and probably still is, thinking about creating a small, thin tower high into the atmosphere to pump out sulfur (albeit, small traces) into the sky, helping cool down the earth like a large volcano would.

As for "ancient aliens," research the Mayans, martians, Atlantis, Egyptians and the Lemurians, see how they're all connected.

ancient aliens.I dont believe contacted the Mayans or the Egyptians.
Atlantis,was just a fable.no T.V.or radio story telling was all the rage.

wolfen69
January 21st, 2012, 01:16 AM
Everything that I have seen from them lately was about ancient aliens, ghosts and now those conspiracy theories. Also, biker gangs and some reality show about guns, but at those are real.

So you're saying there are no such things as ancient aliens, ghosts, and conspiracies? Whether or not those things exist, isn't the point. Are they just supposed to have boring documentaries that do nothing except state facts? In this media driven world, they couldn't compete. They have to be creative in this market, and those subjects, (real or not) get people thinking outside the box, and stimulate discussion.

I don't like all of their programming, but some of their stuff is outstanding. The good thing is, I can always change the channel if I don't care for something.

3Miro
January 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM
So you're saying there are no such things as ancient aliens, ghosts, and conspiracies? Whether or not those things exist, isn't the point. Are they just supposed to have boring documentaries that do nothing except state facts? In this media driven world, they couldn't compete. They have to be creative in this market, and those subjects, (real or not) get people thinking outside the box, and stimulate discussion.

I don't like all of their programming, but some of their stuff is outstanding. The good thing is, I can always change the channel if I don't care for something.

There is already a channel to get people to think about fantastic possibilities, it is called the Sci-Fy channel. The History channel (or at least the shows in question) doesn't present interesting ideas, it just presents non-sense and makes it look like facts or at least as credible or possible as the official events. Most of those "theories" can be crushed by some simple math and basic scientific literacy.

A world with aliens and conspiracies may be more fun to live in, but unfortunately reality is pretty boring. Fantasy and Sci-Fy makes for great entertainment, something that I really enjoy, but I draw the line when those things are confused with reality.

You argument about boring documentaries isn't valid either. Documentaries may be boring, but the only reason why conspiracies are interesting is because they are nutty. Truth of the matter is that real history is anything but boring. Have you seen HBO's Rome, it is a very successful series that contains more history than anything I have seen on the History channel lately. If the History channel were to make more series like Rome, then they would be both successful and true to their name.

wolfen69
January 21st, 2012, 02:34 AM
There is already a channel to get people to think about fantastic possibilities, it is called the Sci-Fy channel. The History channel (or at least the shows in question) doesn't present interesting ideas, it just presents non-sense and makes it look like facts or at least as credible or possible as the official events. Most of those "theories" can be crushed by some simple math and basic scientific literacy.

A world with aliens and conspiracies may be more fun to live in, but unfortunately reality is pretty boring. Fantasy and Sci-Fy makes for great entertainment, something that I really enjoy, but I draw the line when those things are confused with reality.

You argument about boring documentaries isn't valid either. Documentaries may be boring, but the only reason why conspiracies are interesting is because they are nutty. Truth of the matter is that real history is anything but boring. Have you seen HBO's Rome, it is a very successful series that contains more history than anything I have seen on the History channel lately. If the History channel were to make more series like Rome, then they would be both successful and true to their name.

All just your opinion, which could be seen as just as nutty as you claim the history channel to be. I'm done with this discussion, as it could go on forever with no resolution. Carry on, and peace to you.

3Miro
January 21st, 2012, 02:52 AM
All just your opinion, which could be seen as just as nutty as you claim the history channel to be. I'm done with this discussion, as it could go on forever with no resolution. Carry on, and peace to you.

Yes, I do object to presenting unsupported conspiracy "theories" as credible and if this makes me "nutty" then there no reason to continue discussion for it will not get us anywhere.

Copper Bezel
January 21st, 2012, 03:05 AM
A world with aliens and conspiracies may be more fun to live in, but unfortunately reality is pretty boring.
It's really not. It's just that to appreciate the actually-exciting things, there's a baseline of science literacy and general awareness that popular broadcasting can't expect its viewers to measure up to.

I appreciate public radio and Fora.tv. = )

Lucradia
January 21st, 2012, 05:13 AM
ancient aliens.I dont believe contacted the Mayans or the Egyptians.
Atlantis,was just a fable.no T.V.or radio story telling was all the rage.

*cough*

I said to look up how all four/five groups were connected. You only mentioned two, and didn't specify what ancient aliens you thought I was talking about :V

wolfen69
January 21st, 2012, 06:09 AM
*cough*

I said to look up how all four/five groups were connected. You only mentioned two, and didn't specify what ancient aliens you thought I was talking about :V

I actually watch and enjoy ancient aliens. I don't have to agree with everything, but they do bring up some interesting points.

Gremlinzzz
January 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
I just think that aliens would have made the pyramids out of metal or something.You could have a case for giant ants made the pyramids:D
All humans are connected they all believed in Gods,most had tatoos,pierced ears,tools and so on.

pommie
January 21st, 2012, 03:22 PM
I just think that aliens would have made the pyramids out of metal or something.You could have a case for giant ants made the pyramids:D
All humans are connected they all believed in Gods,most had tatoos,pierced ears,tools and so on.

Nope, the first "religion" was the Druids, that means that before them there was no religion, therefore no belief in God or Gods, and if that statement is for modern man as well, its still wrong, Atheism is alive and well.

Mods please note I am not discussing religion as such, just answering a broad sweeping statement that is just sooooo wrong.

Cheers David

sffvba[e0rt
January 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
This thread is about a program that:

...is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.

What this has to do with the programming on the History Channel, aliens and crossing the CoC by going into religion I do not understand.

Closed until I understand.