PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype is inaccessible - No Activate

foxy123
January 20th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I've got a wierd problem. In Skype in Unity when I clicked on the icon on the panel I had a menu with the first entry Activite. So I used to click on it to open Skype. Now it's replced with Recent Chats and I do not have the Activate option. So I cannot open Skype. It's so bizzar. It's fine on my other laptop.

NexusN
April 30th, 2013, 04:57 AM
I've got a wierd problem. In Skype in Unity when I clicked on the icon on the panel I had a menu with the first entry Activite. So I used to click on it to open Skype. Now it's replced with Recent Chats and I do not have the Activate option. So I cannot open Skype. It's so bizzar. It's fine on my other laptop.
Same here, at first I recall I did get an option called activate,
but later on it is replaced by recent chat and now I can't access the Skype main window unless I call it from terminal.
Uninstalling Skype from Synaptic completely and re installing didn't help.

This renders Skype useless completely, anyone have the ideas why?
It is ubuntu 13.04 I am using, and I did something according to this site to make running Skype possible:
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/fix-skype-not-working-in-ubuntu-1304.html
Is it related as well?
Thanks.

JiangJunYu
May 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
I am same problem before, but after that I realize that it is just a 'notfication'.
To bring back the 'activate' menu, just execute the 'skype' command again and you will find it.