PDA

View Full Version : To all forum administrators / moderators.

SoulTechnologist
January 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone.
I am a Master student who is doing a thesis on Online Community Management, I am also a Ubuntu lover since I first discovered it in 2009 and that is why I am bringing Ubuntu as a case study for my thesis.
In order to complete my thesis I have to interview (via skype would be the ideal) at least 8 forum administrators/moderators or community managers about topics such as Forum governance, community stability, Advocacy and motivation, etc.
It would not be a very long interview, I just need a some of your precious time in order to ask you a few questions about the above mentioned topics.
I know that you have a lot to do and that many of you are busy, but I BEG YOU to help me and I promise that it would not take a long time.

If any of you has the time, please answer this thread and I will contact him/her via PM to organize the interview whenever he/she feels available.

I thank you all in advance for your time, your work, and the passion you bring into this wonderful community. Ubuntu changed my point of view about technology and that is why I decided to choose it as a case study for my master thesis.

Thank you in advance.

SoulTech

Paqman
January 19th, 2012, 01:09 PM
You would probably want to contact a bloke at Canonical called Jono Bacon. He's the Community Manager.

mörgæs
January 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Feel free to write me. I have also pointed to this thread from the moderator sub-forum.

(and the thread title has been moderately moderated :-) )

SoulTechnologist
January 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
You would probably want to contact a bloke at Canonical called Jono Bacon. He's the Community Manager.

I know who is Jono Bacon, my thesis is full of quotes from his book The Art of Community. But he is an expert, and I need forum administrators and moderators who work here for the benefit of the forum community.
It is more representative to my analysis than contacting Jono for a skype interview. That is why I am asking here for forum admins and mods.

Are you all administrators/moderators? Would you be available for the interview?

P.S. Thanks for moderately moderate the title of this thread ;-)

sffvba[e0rt
January 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM

+1 Jono is very approachable and I am sure if he gets the time he would gladly assist you.

SoulTechnologist
January 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Feel free to write me. I have also pointed to this thread from the moderator sub-forum.

(and the thread title has been moderately moderated :-) )

Thank you!! I will contact you via PM.

forrestcupp
January 19th, 2012, 04:07 PM
But he needs at least 8 moderators, so Jono Bacon isn't going to be enough.

sffvba[e0rt
January 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
But he needs at least 8 moderators, so Jono Bacon isn't going to be enough.

I am not so sure... Jono is more than he seems ;)

@OP, I am a very new mod so that is the reason I passed on "signing up". However, if you eventually don't have enough interviews, feel free to PM me.

SoulTechnologist
January 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I am not so sure... Jono is more than he seems ;)

@OP, I am a very new mod so that is the reason I passed on "signing up". However, if you eventually don't have enough interviews, feel free to PM me.

It does not matter the degree of experience you have, therefore I will PM you right away!
:D

ubudog
January 19th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'd be glad to get a PM from you, though I am also new to the group. :)

SoulTechnologist
January 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I'd be glad to get a PM from you, though I am also new to the group. :)

Thank you!!! Check your Inbox messages! ;)

nothingspecial
January 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
The forum staff have been made aware of your request.

If any wish to participate they will pm you.

Closed.