PDA

View Full Version : what is that children's story of animal, being born, following 1st animal he sees?

hanzj
January 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hello,

When I was a child, we learned of this children's story (fairy tale) of an animal that was born. The first thing it saw was not its mom, but because it was the first thing it saw, it followed that animal.

what is this children's story?

mips
January 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Which country? Children's stories are sometimes of a more localised nature (local folklore).

hanzj
January 19th, 2012, 11:59 AM
North America.

donkyhotay
January 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I can think of a few, the first that comes to my mind is "are you my mother" which is about a bird that confuses a large number of other animals and things as it's mother because it's the first things it sees after it hatches. Your best bet would probably be to do a google search of all the little details of the specific story you are looking for. You are more likely to find the one you want.

forrestcupp
January 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I can think of a few, the first that comes to my mind is "are you my mother" which is about a bird that confuses a large number of other animals and things as it's mother because it's the first things it sees after it hatches. Your best bet would probably be to do a google search of all the little details of the specific story you are looking for. You are more likely to find the one you want.

I'll bet that's it. That's the one I was thinking of, too.

Lars Noodén
January 19th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Or ask at the local public library's children's section. The librarians there are going to be very familiar with the storylines of most childrens' books.

Frogs Hair
January 19th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I remember this idea being reinforced in some cartoon versions of the " The Ugly Duckling " .

BlinkinCat
January 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm probably way off, but I'm thinking of the Horton the elephant story by Dr. Seuss where Horton hatches an egg for a bird that shoots through. - :)