PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] whereabouts of gedit's tools unknown

thaitang
January 19th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ok well I just noticed that my old tools were not executable and so chmoding 750 on them makes them available in gedit 3. The plugins are not such big deal although some like advanced search and replace for selected text say are real handy, so it would still be kewl to know if gedit3 can co-exist with a gedit2 install and if so how would I do it? Installing source I wonder since surely gedit would required libs no longer req'd for gedit 3?

Original post:

I just upgraded my laptop to 11.10 and I see that gedit3 does not play nice with my older plugins and external tools, although snippets seem to load fine.

Funny thing is I create a new external tool and although the tool is created it does not seem to generate a new file anywhere that I can find in ~/.config/gedit/tools or in the nearby neighbouring folder vicinity including the old path ~/.gnome2 or ~/.gconf so I do not even know where the tools are loaded from.

anyways I am wondering is there a way to install/rollback gedit 2 since I use my ext tools and plugins for daily file editing?

cheers