View Full Version : YouTube Converter

January 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hi! I have a website, and would like to be able to play music on it. I figured out how to play mp3s, but is there a way to get the music from a YouTube video and play it? I guess what I want to know is how do YouTube converters work, and can I make one. If not, is there a way to use one on my website? Like is there a way I could use another site to convert it, and then download it onto my site? This may seem like a silly question, but thanks in advance for helping me. :)

January 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Well, even if there is a technical way of doing so, this will surely be against YouTube's terms of service.

January 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
This is just for a personal use, because I figured putting it on my webpage would be an easy way to use it. No one goes to my website, it's just me. I don't plan on selling or giving them away. Would this still be against the rules? Could you explain?

January 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
even if it's for personal use, you can't take someone else's stuff and publish it on your own. therefore, it's probably best you find other means of obtaining how to do this.

January 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Oh. :| That makes some sense now. Thanks for letting me know. :)

January 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Thread closed. It's better to read the "Youtube download policy (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1850955)" and find a way of getting the music that won't come back and cause us problems. You could always use the link provided at the Youtube site to embed the clip.