PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I get the QT Creator menu bar to appear on the Unity bar at the top?

fhaddad78
January 18th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is either very difficult to do, or if it is even possible...

I originally downloaded QT Creator through the Ubuntu Software Center, however, it was an older version and I wanted to get the latest version to see if it resolves a bug I'm experiencing. So I went to the QT site and downloaded the most up to date stable version of the software and it installed without any hiccups.

Question...

The menu bar (the bar with the drop-down menus for File, Edit, Build...) now appears on the QT Creator window instead of the Unity UI bar like all the other programs do. What I mean is, for example, when I have FireFox open, the File, Edit, View drop-down menus are located on the gray bar at the top of the screen (the bar with the clock, volume adjuster, etc). Is there any way to make the QT Creator program that was downloaded from Nokia's site directly do the same thing?

EDIT: Sorry, I might have posted this in the wrong forum.

fhaddad78
January 18th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Can anyone at least point me in the right direction for help with this issue? I've tried so many different Google searches and none of the results are even close to what I'm looking for.

I want to download the latest version of the QT SDK (including the IDE) mainly because the one in the Ubuntu Software Center seems to have a bug where information in the clipboard randomly gets pasted in my source code. However, I would like to make the latest version of the QT SDK adhere to the layout of the Unity UI. By default, the menu bar in the QT Creator application is docked to the QT Creator window and not to the gray bar at the top of the screen (like all the other programs).