January 17th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hello,

I got a problem in gnome-teminal,
thr font have changed and look to tight

screenshot:

Thanks

saneearth
January 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
It appears to be Ariel. Did you per chance change the default system fonts in Settings-Appearance?

schizoss
January 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM
nope, but it started when I accidentally removed the /usr/share/fonts folder.

I recovered it, but still have problems with the fonts

bluexrider
January 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
looks like it defaulted to system font

mcduck
January 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Just set it to use any monospace font, either in the Gnome-terminal's profile settings, or using gnome-tweak-tool or ubuntu-tweak to set your default monospace font to one that actually is monospace.

(the "too tight" look is because the font currently in use isn't a monospace one but instead a variable-width font. Command-line interfaces are built as a grid of rows and columns of characters, and therefore require each character to use equal amount of space, otherwise things just won't align correctly.)

schizoss
January 22nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Just set it to use any monospace font, either in the Gnome-terminal's profile settings, or using gnome-tweak-tool or ubuntu-tweak to set your default monospace font to one that actually is monospace.

(the "too tight" look is because the font currently in use isn't a monospace one but instead a variable-width font. Command-line interfaces are built as a grid of rows and columns of characters, and therefore require each character to use equal amount of space, otherwise things just won't align correctly.)
Thx, fixed the problem