PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ERRNO 5 Input/Output Error

squirl1899
January 17th, 2012, 02:33 AM
MUCH THANKS to presence1960 for their post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1142068&page=2 Post #18

I have been trying for FIVE days, countless downloads, Ubuntu USB installers, CD's, DVD's and USB sticks, to install Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 and have had no luck. I always get [Errno 5] Input/output error and have been searching for an answer and solution. THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!! THANK YOU SSSSSOOOOOOOO MUCH!

1. Boot from the live CD
2. Choose to try Ubuntu
3. Open a terminal window
4. Enter: ubiquity --no-migration-assistant
5. Working install

Hope this helps other frustrated N00BS, like myself. Now if I can get XBMC up and running I will be set!!!!

BlinkinCat
January 17th, 2012, 02:35 AM
You could mark this thread as "solved" to help others - :)

Looks like you already have done

squirl1899
January 17th, 2012, 03:31 AM
You could mark this thread as "solved" to help others - :)

Looks like you already have done

I thought I already did it but I did again just to make sure. :-) I am brand new to Ubuntu, as you can probably tell.

twiag2012
September 27th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I have followed your steps to remove error but the errrno5 is still appearing when 62% files are copied, i am stuck here from the past 5 days.If there is some other solution to this problem....

dino99
September 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
using old solution found somewhere can be hasardous as ubiquity used today is not the same. Please ask your question on askubuntu to get a skilled dev answer.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/ask

kris341
October 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
thank you you rock:popcorn::) ):P

pdany4
January 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

I just had the same problem, but solved now!

I re-burn the same iso image from the PC to my baby (another writer) still 4X and I put it on my PC with 8GB of RAM and it works perfectly!

My 2 DVD drives in the PC in question are engraved Optiarc AD-5260S (a shot list for lsscsi) (after installing the package: if you want to check ref of yours without removing the PC)

I had no idea a problem as stupid, they are becoming almost nine ALL!

Brand to avoid, and all done with these CD Drives: to repeat!

balls!

If you have any other CD / DVD which does not pass or kidding (I had two in my mp3 radio, I thought that was dirty look) it is made ​​by burning certainly missed, the effect and that means intermittent and that makes all the tracks on the CD!

greetings

Angelique Rose
March 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Greetings. So I followed your instructions and appears to have accepted the command. So at this point, do I try to install it from the disk? Please advise.

fabulastico
March 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I think that is all a matter of ISO.
My case was:
I was trying to install Ubuntu 10.4 in VirtualBox (http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/)
After 4 tries with same error at 33% of installation process.

So I decided to verify checksum and they were wrong. So made new download and the with a correct ISO (checksum ok) I finally had a successful installation.

Hope this will help you.

jaj2
November 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hello, I am biginner, but I'd like to share my experience. I had the same problem. I checked the USB disk (in which ubuntu is installed). The bootable disk was created by unetbootin. It was with error (i checked it out by the option of disk cheeking of the boot menu). Then I created the same disk but by the ubuntu's startupdisk creator. IT went smoothly... without problems))))

sometimes it is helpful also swithching the pc off (for cooling) and having a bit rest)))) ;)

coffeecat
November 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Closing this thread about a now-obsolete version of Ubuntu to prevent more thread necromancies. If anyone needs help with this or a similar problem in a current version of Ubuntu, please start a new thread.

Thread closed.