PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Icons on panel not moving back

choel
January 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Running Lubuntu 11.10. Whenever I open an application that has an indicator icon on the panel all the other icons move to give it room as they should. But when I close that application and that icon disappears the rest of the icons does not move back. So I'm left with a lot of space on the panel. Look at the attachment.

Any ideas?

Rodney9
January 17th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Running Lubuntu 11.10. Whenever I open an application that has an indicator icon on the panel all the other icons move to give it room as they should. But when I close that application and that icon disappears the rest of the icons does not move back. So I'm left with a lot of space on the panel. Look at the attachment.

Any ideas?

That is very strange, I have Lubuntu 11.10 on my laptop and desktop and it doesn't happen to me.

I suggest you post a link, just the link, to the Lubuntu One Stop Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755) so other Lubuntu users will see it and they may have a clue why it is happening.

Rodney

Rex Bouwense
January 17th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Running Lubuntu 11.10. Whenever I open an application that has an indicator icon on the panel all the other icons move to give it room as they should. But when I close that application and that icon disappears the rest of the icons does not move back. So I'm left with a lot of space on the panel.

If you right click any open space on the panel you can change the properties of the panel. It is the same place you went to to move the panel from the bottom to the top.

choel
January 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
What settings should I change? nothing there that stands out as the reason to my problem.

Rodney9
January 17th, 2012, 08:32 AM
You could try 'Add/Remove Panel Items' and play with a 'Spacer' you can re-size spacers.

Rodney

amjjawad
January 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I suggest you post a link, just the link, to the Lubuntu One Stop Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755) so other Lubuntu users will see it and they may have a clue why it is happening.

Rodney

Hello my friend :)

We do NOT do this anymore. Please check the first post on Lubuntu One Stop Thread, there is a note about that.
This is against Ubuntu Forum Rules and we need to keep everything in its place.

The post has been removed by the moderator because I got the notification and when I checked, it's gone.

Thank you!

amjjawad
January 17th, 2012, 08:43 AM

Any ideas?

Hi,

Some users have reported exactly the same issue but it wasn't about opening/starting an application but it happened when the user suspend his/her laptop and I can see you have a laptop, right? have you tried to suspend?

There is a bug report about that already but again, the case was "Suspend" not starting new applications.

Please confirm, thanks :)

choel
January 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Suspend works just fine, this is about the empty space that occurs after I close an program, the panel "keeps" the space where the application icon where, instead of moving everything back.

[EDIT]
Just noticed that it's the system tray applet that does it. System tray applet does not remove space after program been exited. So somethings wrong with the sys tray applet.

amjjawad
February 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Suspend works just fine, this is about the empty space that occurs after I close an program, the panel "keeps" the space where the application icon where, instead of moving everything back.

[EDIT]
Just noticed that it's the system tray applet that does it. System tray applet does not remove space after program been exited. So somethings wrong with the sys tray applet.

Isn't that the same bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/846878 ??