PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] mouse trouble after install.....

HybriDPjT
January 16th, 2012, 01:46 AM
hey all,
ok I'm about at my white end..
I've tried to install ubuntu on my comp, the specs are..
amd athlon ii x2 255 overclocked to 3.5 ghz, 8 gb RAM and it being dual booted with xp x64.

I've tried the amd x64 iso's for 10.04 , 10.10 and 11.04.

I got the OS installed but suffered the usb mouse problem where the mouse buttons stop working and all you can do is move the pointer in all of em....

I forced my way through, dodgy mouse and all to try and install the NVIDIA driver for my gtx 550 ti, but got stuck with a max resolution of 640x480 so in the end I gave up.. I've tried fedora 16 but after anaconda starts it just sits at a blank screen.... can any one help me with the mouse issues and the graphics card???

HybriDPjT
January 16th, 2012, 06:58 AM
its all good now :-) got the nvidia driver installed and sorted the resolution issue out, and also fixed the mouse issue too. well lots of googling and coffee and cig breaks I got there, now I've got ubuntu 10.10 amd x64 running, compiz on, the cube, cubing and mp3s, just need vlc and a few tweaked and were away!

Gstrazds
January 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Mouse problem might be solved for you this second... which just went by..

The mouse problem has showed up for me... I'm running 11.04 sorta just started happening; intermittent - other folks are reporting usb keyboards not working so something is up.

Glenn