View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with Hybrid Graphics concerning Radeon HD 6630M

January 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I am hoping to install ubuntu on my ThinkPad E320, with the Radeon HD6630M Graphics card. I am installing it on an mSATA SSD which I have not yet received, so I decided that I'd attempt to tackle the thorny issue of getting the two graphics cards working. I have installed ubuntu on a 10GB partition on my main hard drive and messed around a little.

Preferably I would get the Catalyst drivers from AMD working but I haven't quite managed it after following various similar instructions as to its installation and configuration. Currently it is running happily on Intel graphics but that is through changing the BIOS settings and thus an annoyance when I would like to use the Radeon card on Windows.

Is there any chance somebody could assist, at the very least in getting a degree of functionality out of the Radeon card when using ubuntu. As I don't anything of significance on this install of ubuntu, I can re-install if things go wrong.

Thanks in advance,

January 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Till we get kernel 3.3 around coming April, there is no real choice but bios one