PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] new Ubuntu 11.10 user

pwrmax
January 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hey Guys,

I just installed ubuntu 11.10 beside windows 7 ... it takes about 45min with full updates ... but i have a little problem when i restart ... i still restart many times to can choose the ubuntu through OS menu ... how can i fix this ...

and ... on the next time ... i need to know which the real updates i should installed and which i should escape ?!

Many Thanks

mastablasta
January 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hey Guys,

I just installed ubuntu 11.10 beside windows 7 ... it takes about 45min with full updates ... but i have a little problem when i restart ... i still restart many times to can choose the ubuntu through OS menu ... how can i fix this ...

not sure what do you mean. you want to boot and have ubuntu chose automaticly? how did you install it on separate parititon or using wubi?

and ... on the next time ... i need to know which the real updates i should installed and which i should escape ?!

Many Thanks

all are real updates (and yes they are usually big). bare in mind that system upgrade is something else.

updates are safe to install. they include security patches, bug fixes and software updates. you can however choose to install only security patches for example.

if you used wubi to install Ubuntu there are some updates you should avoid.

Mark Phelps
January 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey Guys, I just installed ubuntu 11.10 beside windows 7

So, which doesn't boot now -- Ubuntu or Win7? or BOTH?