PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having this problem with the default ubuntu theme?

PatrickMay16
June 6th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I recently upgraded to dapper, and I'm trying out the new default theme. I've noticed that when I open the background preferences window, the "help" and "finish" buttons are all black and don't look normal until I move the mouse over them or move them off the screen so they get re-drawn.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7840/weirdblackbuttons6in.png

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else here? Or is there a way to fix this?

HeavyAl
June 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I've got a similar issue. Most of the buttons in various apps get some kind of image corruption on them - its not consistent and happens in any application. I initially thought it was the graphics driver but after yanking it out and even going so far as to recompile it I found that wasnt the issue. Now I'm thinking it might have to do with this new version of X which I've seen written here and there is version 7 - I think breezy used 6.8 or 6.9.

It doesnt affect useability but its darned annoying.

varunus
June 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Are you guys using ATI cards with the open source driver? There were some issues during development with these cards and graphical corruption...

Also, are you using normal X or Xgl?

PatrickMay16
June 8th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I'm using an ATI Radeon 9000 with the open source driver. Also I'm using normal X.