PDA

View Full Version : #!/usr/bin/evn python

fronow
January 11th, 2012, 05:49 AM
What and how is python a good programing language?

1) Good libraries

2) Fun to use in the Terminal

3) Is on all Ubuntu/Linux OS's

There are more and more users changing from windows to Linux/Ubuntu.

C/C++ to Python/Perl so why is it great?

How do you use and learn python?

fronow
January 11th, 2012, 05:52 AM
#!/usr/bin/evn python

print"woo!!! hello world program, lol"

:)

szymon_g
January 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
lol.
it should be #!/usr/bin/env python

fronow
January 12th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Well with much thought python is better then C,C++ and Perl but where I am, I will have to learn Perl, C++ and Java, maybe even JavaScript as well. :confused:
In the world of game design I would prefer python programing. The gtk looks better for it and os function, even though it's for files, it would be great for importing other files in a game or models for a game/game engine

fronow
January 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM
yeah, thats where the lol comes in. lol. it was a mistyped.

It's for more people to post :^o

lol

error code: python is not a file or directory :lolflag:

but you can have it /python it relay dose not matter the .py tells the computer that it is a python file.

forrestcupp
January 12th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Well with much thought python is better then C,C++ and Perl but where I am, I will have to learn Perl, C++ and Java, maybe even JavaScript as well. :confused:
In the world of game design I would prefer python programing. The gtk looks better for it and os function, even though it's for files, it would be great for importing other files in a game or models for a game/game engine
Them's fightin' words. ;)

fronow
January 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Them's fightin' words. ;)

well I know some C,C++ and I did not like as much as python there all great. but I like python more still I mite just be learning C,C++,Perl and JavaScript at my school so it's a win win and a lose lose.