PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Osmo not auto starting properly

M_Mynaardt
January 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Hi there!

I was having Osmo autostart, minimized, for my Lubuntu sessions. It was working fine. But for some reason, starting today, it's not working properly when auto starting.

Osmo opens, but there is no panel icon for it. And it is not minimized, even thought I had it set to start minimized. When I close it, then there is no panel icon.

But if I start it up normally, then it works properly with, with the panel icon and all that. Does anyone know why it Osmo would start acting strange only on autostart in Lubuntu?

At first, I thought it might be because I was also auto starting Orage on my desktop. But even if I don't autostart Orage, then Osmo still acts odd when it is autostarting.

It's not a huge problem. I can start Osmo normally and it works just fine then. But I'd just prefer to have it start automatically as a minimized icon on my panel. As I said, it was working just fine that way, but something happened to change that.

Any ideas or suggestions would be cool and appreciated.

Thanks!

Rex Bouwense
January 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Strange. When I first read your post I thought that perhaps there was a conflict between Osmo and Orange, but after rereading you covered that when you said it still acts funny when Orange is not set to start automatically. Does any error show up in the boot log? Did Osmo start acting up when you installed Orange? If you minimize Osmo after booting does the panel icon show up?
These are off the top of my head because I uninstalled Osmo and no longer use it.

M_Mynaardt
January 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Strange. When I first read your post I thought that perhaps there was a conflict between Osmo and Orange, but after rereading you covered that when you said it still acts funny when Orange is not set to start automatically. Does any error show up in the boot log? Did Osmo start acting up when you installed Orange? If you minimize Osmo after booting does the panel icon show up?
These are off the top of my head because I uninstalled Osmo and no longer use it.

I suspect that something is affecting Osmo and causing it to act this way. It keeps acting the same (wrong) way consistently. At the same time however, I don't know everything about Linux. One thing I am not familiar with is the boot log; how do I look that up?

I did try to minimize Osmo after it auto started (improperly). Osmo would minimize, but still no system icon on the panel, where it normally is when you close it.

Thanks!