PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Taskbar window thumbnails are missing

clicklisa
January 10th, 2012, 05:39 AM
For whatever reason the window thumbnails in the taskbar don't show up anymore. I only get a tooltip with the name and icon of the running application. But no window thumbnail. I have Kubuntu 11.10 with icon-only task manager installed. Taskbar Thumbnails in Desktop Effects settings is enable, but no thumbnails showing up :-/

tkabir11
January 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
For whatever reason the window thumbnails in the taskbar don't show up anymore. I only get a tooltip with the name and icon of the running application. But no window thumbnail. I have Kubuntu 11.10 with icon-only task manager installed. Taskbar Thumbnails in Desktop Effects settings is enable, but no thumbnails showing up :-/

Do you mean the window thumbnails on your desktop panel? or on the icon-only task manager?

For the windows on your desktop panel- you should have the taskbar thumbnails enabled in desktop effects- which you said you already have.
And if you meant the icon-only task manager (this is a widget by the way)....you need to configure the settings for the widget (rightclick on your desktop- unlock widgets- hover over your icon-only tm- click on settings icon (looks like a wrench); and under appearance you should have the 'tooltips' enabled.