PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to see the title bar of all windows.

hariks0
January 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM
After the Unity DE is installed -automatically during the upgrade- the Panels do not auto-hide themselves and I am not able to view the title bar of windows that open at the left hand side top corner.

This is really irritating as I have to use the Alt+Drag method to move a window, unable to select always on top etc as the title bar menu is not accessible without moving as mentioned above.

The Panels don't respond to right click and no applets can be added to them.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

bogan
January 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
After the Unity DE is installed -automatically during the upgrade- the Panels do not auto-hide themselves and I am not able to view the title bar of windows that open at the left hand side top corner.

This is really irritating as I have to use the Alt+Drag method to move a window, unable to select always on top etc as the title bar menu is not accessible without moving as mentioned above.

The Panels don't respond to right click and no applets can be added to them.

Thanks in advance for assistance.
Hi! hariks0,
The Unity Panels, { though not the Launcher}, should respond to 'Alt+Right-Click', and then select 'Properties' to set Size and AutoHide.

There is also a program, "MY-Unity' which allows more sophisticated editing.

Chao!, bogan

hariks0
January 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Alt+Right Click does not bring any menu/properties...

bogan
January 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Hi!, hariks0,
I Posted:
The Unity Panels, { though not the Launcher}, should respond to 'Alt+Right-Click', and then select 'Properties' to set Size and AutoHide.I should have said that was when logged in as Gnome Classic and using the Unity 2D Launcher. That gives the best of both worlds.

I just checked in the other login modes and the 'Alt+Right-Click' does not work there.
But then my Ubuntu log-in to Unity does not have any panels, only the Launcher.

So maybe that is what you have too.

Chao!, bogan

bogan
January 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi! haricksO,
Judging by the Posts a search of your name brought up, you know a lot more about Panels than I do, but still.....
I am intrigued by the difference in how our setups work.
The third .png in your other recent post - I could not find it again - is almost exactly like mine except for the background and the usual icons in the top right -Sound, WiFi, User, & Shutdown - which I assume are cut off in your screen shot.
My Gnome Menus appear almost as soon as I log in to Gnome Classic, and I have no problems in adding programs to the Unity 2D Launcher, to the Panels I have created, or to the default top one.
Nor in altering their profiles with 'Alt+Right-Click' or My-Unity.

What I think is different is that my Gnome Panels are from Gnome3 which I installed, not from Gnome-fallback, which I have not.

I also have 'Classic Indicator' installed which gives menus in both Gnome Classic and in Ubuntu Unity screens.

Chao!, bogan.