PDA

View Full Version : Fun Box

dRounse
January 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I want to learn command line linux, so I was thinking, would putting Debian and Fedora on a box together be a good idea? And maybe an old old version of NT? The computer has a 40 Gb hard drive and 800 something megs of RAM and a Pentium 4 processor.

elliotbeken
January 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
the computer hardware will be fine running the operating systems, i would install ubuntu server and get to use that command line as in my opinion it is simple and has good support from many sources.

another option you have is to install a virtual machine and learn the command line that way.

have fun....

whiskeylover
January 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
If you're thinking about a computer when someone says "fun box" you might be a nerd.

dRounse
January 10th, 2012, 12:21 AM
If you're thinking about a computer when someone says "fun box" you might be a nerd.

hmmm, I kind of assumed we were all nerds on here?

Basher101
January 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM
hmmm, I kind of assumed we were all nerds on here?

in general it is not good to have preassumptions of anything... you should refer to most people here as "knowledgeble" instead of nerds

regards

dRounse
January 10th, 2012, 03:33 AM
in general it is not good to have preassumptions of anything... you should refer to most people here as "knowledgeble" instead of nerds

regards

I am proud to be a nerd, i think all people should be.

CoffeeRain
January 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM

regards

I disagree. As a nerd, I can tell you that the only reason it may seem insulting is because it is used as a middle school insult because the insulters are jealous that we are smart. :) If you welcome your nerdiness, it may seem like a compliment. :)