PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Boot error

fmha
January 8th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hi:popcorn:,
I am new to Ubuntu OS and in my opinion it is a great OS to work on.
I installed 2 months back Ubuntu 10.04 along side my XP.
i have "played" with setting of the Ubuntu all most everything. playing smart :cool:
now i downloaded the new Ubuntu and created bootable USB. but the it does not boot it gives me "Boot Error". i have done reset to all boot options to default of the Ubuntu and of my PC it still give me the same error. but boots on my laptop.
Any kind solutions to remove current Ubuntu and install the new one.
:D

mörgæs
January 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
If you burn a CD from the ISO, can you boot from it?

fmha
January 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
No, I don't think CD will make a difference because boot will be same either way.

fmha
January 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I forgot to mention that I have installed KDE and Ubuntu Tweak last week, I think the problems basically started from these two because when I open trash and windows drive from the Launcher it open in KDE. I tried to remove KDE and reinstall Gnome files it did not work.

saneearth
January 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Installation of KDE and/or Ubuntu Tweak will not affect booting a device or CD. These are controlled by your bios and are independent of the OS. If your usb device is bootable on your laptop, but not the PC, you may need to check in the bios of the PC and make sure that USB devices are a boot option. Though it should be somewhere in the boot menu by default in a newer bios (I would think), you never know. I can't really tell you how or where to look in the bios as they vary so much. Just take a look and it should be somewhere under a heading such as "boot devices" or "boot order".

mörgæs
January 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
No, I don't think CD will make a difference because boot will be same either way.

Sometimes it's not enough to think :-) Experimenting is important.

Trying a few different Buntus is also worthwhile.

fmha
January 9th, 2012, 09:05 AM
It worked with CD, and have installed the new 11.10.
after i searching i found that compiz in the 11.04 make a lot of compatibly issue when KDE install with Gnome.
Thanks

mörgæs
January 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
You are welcome. Please mark the thread 'solved'.