PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome Shell Theme customisation: need to locate this setting

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I have been slowly tweaking my GS theme but cannot find 1 last thing. I have changed the caps settings in the search overview headings but can't find the 1 for "SETTINGS". Can anybody point me in the right direction?

BlinkinCat
January 8th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Do you mean the System Settings under your name on the right hand corner? - :)

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Sorry no. SETTINGS just to the left of the mouse pointer

BlinkinCat
January 8th, 2012, 12:26 AM
"Advanced Settings" comes up as an application if installed - Did you install the tweak tool?

cbowman57
January 8th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Open up alacarte & edit the properties of the SETTINGS sub-menu to Settings, or whatever you want to call it.

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks, but I think you misunderstand. I want to change the uppercase text "SETTINGS" in the shell itself.

You can see I have changed "Applications" and "Places & Devices" already.
I found these in .js files located in /usr/share/gnome-shell folder, but can't find any reference to the SETTINGS that you see in the screenshot.

BlinkinCat
January 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I apologize - I misread the situation.

I don't know how to do that

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Open up alacarte & edit the properties of the SETTINGS sub-menu to Settings, or whatever you want to call it.

Thank you however this is not an application name I want to alter. It must be a GS file surely.
cheers

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 12:41 AM
I apologize - I misread the situation.

I don't know how to do that

No apology necessary. Thank you regardless

Frogs Hair
January 8th, 2012, 02:07 AM
The font in the Gnome Shell theme is set in the gnome-shell.css that would be in the theme folder unless it was download and installed separately .

Does caps = capital letters ?

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Frogs Hair cheers but it is not the font, but rather the uppercase or caps I want to modify. SETTINGS is the only instance of uppercase anywhere in the shell remaining.

cbowman57
January 8th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Did you already scan appDisplay.js ?

bra|10n
January 8th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Did you already scan appDisplay.js ?

Indeed I had: only I thought I'd check it again thanks to you and behold, there it was.
cbowman57 thank you very much :D

cbowman57
January 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Indeed I had: only I thought I'd check it again thanks to you and behold, there it was.
cbowman57 thank you very much :D

Took me a bit to figure out exactly what it was you were doing/already changed.

Glad that did it. :)