PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation stuck at configuring target system

linux_noobq2m
January 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hello,

I am installing Ubuntu from a USB to HP 2133 Mini netbook. The installation has been stuck at "Configuring Target System" for the past 5 hours. I dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP! I dont want anything to happen to Vista that is already installed. Can I just power off the netbook, and get Vista working?

As I am writing, the installation is still stuck at the step, and I am going to wait for an answer, coz I dont want to do something stupid and make the netbook unusable.

Thanks, and a fast reply would be reall;y, really great!

2F4U
January 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Is there any visible harddisk activity? Did you install Ubuntu besides Windows (dual boot configuration)?

linux_noobq2m
January 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Sorry for the late reply

Well, as soon as I wrote teh thread, I accidentaly closed the lid of the netbook on which I was installing uvuntu. So, I could not get back from hibernation mode, and I had no choice but to hold the power button and power off. I switched it back on, and installation went smoothly after I chose to repair.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate that. THere is no problem anymore. But, just curious, why did it stop installation at that part?

To answer your question, yes, I did install ubuntu besides windows. And yes, there was visible hard disk/processor activity (the light on USB kept on blinking frequently, and the light which had "3 discs on top of each other sign" on my computer also blinked.)

Thanks again!

cirelosborn
January 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'm having the same problem and I am dual booting with Win7 on a desktop.