PDA

View Full Version : I want to install ubuntu 11.10 on my xbox 360

ilikelinuxitisthebest
January 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I have the new dashboard. is it possible?

forrestcupp
January 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
It used to be possible, but I don't think it is anymore, since they've locked things down a lot more.

But I have to ask, why would you want to turn an awesome gaming console into a computer with an OS that is known for not being any good at gaming support? Hopefully it would be an addition and not a replacement?

BrokenKingpin
January 9th, 2012, 04:02 AM
But I have to ask, why would you want to turn an awesome gaming console into a computer with an OS that is known for not being any good at gaming support? Hopefully it would be an addition and not a replacement?
++

If you have a desktop or a laptop install Ubuntu on that. Leave the 360 for games. Maybe when the 360 is older and there is a new gen of consoles I could see turning it into a media center with Linux, but really it just seems a lot easier to use and old PC.

ilikelinuxitisthebest
January 9th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I don't really use it that often. i would use it as a normal computer and not a gaming console. I'm mostly a programmer so i don't really have time. but thanks anyway

BrokenKingpin
January 9th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I am a programmer as well, and I put a lot of hours in, but I still manage to find a a few hours here and there for video games :p.