PDA

View Full Version : our cat ran into the storm drain to fight another cat

sdowney717
January 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
both these cats are healthy, large and aggressive to each other. Ours does not go after this other cat unless provoked. This other cat constantly comes to our house, our cat does not go to his house.

They got into a serious fight once, They sprang into the air about 4 feet jumping at each other. Then they got into a ball clutch scratching and serious biting.

This is the first time I have seen them go into the storm drain by the street. I really dont like our cat doing that. That seems pretty dumb to go in there for a fight. I can imagine them getting hurt and then cant get out.

Our cat gets along with some cats and not others. I wish that other cat would not come around. I have tried to scare him off but he will run away to come back another day. He is not a stray, he is in good looking shape. His owner likely has no idea what his cat is doing.

Johnny3
January 6th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Spray the other cat with the water hose.
Good Luck and God Bless Johnny3 65+++

forrestcupp
January 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
You should "scare it away" with a pellet in the backside.

sdowney717
January 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
HaHa Those ideas would likely be effective. the pellet gun is likely more effective than a hose cause I did spray them this past summer and it temporarily kept the other cat away.
Our cat has shown up unscathed at the door.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YXviChNlLl0/TwcQvPLmfAI/AAAAAAAAArY/jazkL2Gpp4I/s800/image_2%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7X8xBa0H45o/TwcQvPJZKMI/AAAAAAAAArc/oG8GzBib5HI/s800/image%252520%25252827%252529.jpg

He was part of an abandoned litter someone left in a box by a tree in the woods near my parents house in Christiansburg. He is about 7 years old now. We found out his littermates also love to be outdoors.

whiskeylover
January 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Dogs > Cats : )

/obligatory dogs-vs-cats post

sdowney717
January 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I like them both, the wife wont let us have a dog.
She thinks they are noisy, slobbery, and want to lick etc...

kurt18947
January 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Dogs > Cats : )

/obligatory dogs-vs-cats post

Get a Maine Coon cat. Looks like a cat, acts like a dog:D.

Basher101
January 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM

the reasons i do not like to keep dogs, i still like them tho..

BUT cats are simply a must, i mean what evil scientist would i be when james bond is in my office trying to stop my evil plans of world domination and i turn around in my giant chair to greet him without having a cat to pet?!?! :D

Grenage
January 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Don't worry, there are few problems a shotgun cannot solve. That goes double where cats are involved.

Basher101
January 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Don't worry, there are few problems a shotgun cannot solve. That goes double where cats are involved.

lol

i would do that if all else fails..

marl30
January 6th, 2012, 05:08 PM
My wife wants it the other way around. She doesn't mind us having a dog, but doesn't like cats. She says they are nasty, annoying and ugly. Me on the other hand LOVE cats, but for peace sake I have to get the idea of getting one out my head.

Lol I hope you find away to stop that other annoy cat to stop bugging your cat.

whiskeylover
January 6th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Fortunately, both me and wife like dogs. We got one from a local shelter a couple of months ago. Love her except for the fact that she keeps soiling our $2000 living room rug :(

thatguruguy
January 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Teach your cat karate.

If rats and turtles can learn karate, your cat should be able to learn it, too.

forrestcupp
January 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I don't really like dogs or cats. They're both nasty and annoying. That, and I'm allergic to them.

If you ever want to go on vacation, you have to ask someone to take care of them while you're gone. That's why the only pets I've ever cared to have were fish. You can just put a couple of week feeders in the tank and take off.

dh04000
January 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Its disgusting that people here are promoting harming that wild cat....

Be responsible for your own animal. Keep it in the house or fenced backyard and away from the other cat.

sffvba[e0rt
January 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Its disgusting that people here are promoting harming that wild cat....

Be responsible for your own animal. Keep it in the house or fenced backyard and away from the other cat.

Even in jest I have to agree with the sentiment above.

Thread closed.