PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How to change keyboard layout in 11.10

Orlando84
January 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I've installed from bootable DVD the Oneiric (11.10) (It's Kubuntu). My problem is that I can't switch keyboard layout to my native language (Russian). I had tried to navigate to "System settings" -> "Locale" but there were no menu for switching the keyboard layout. Maybe I'm missing some package, please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Alex

drmrgd
January 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
You can find keyboard layout settings in the Input Devices of System Settings. Once in there, select the Layouts tab, and then put a check mark in the "Configure layouts" box. That will allow you to click the "Add" button and add the Russian keyboard.

Hope that helps!

Orlando84
January 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
You can find keyboard layout settings in the Input Devices of System Settings. Once in there, select the Layouts tab, and then put a check mark in the "Configure layouts" box. That will allow you to click the "Add" button and add the Russian keyboard.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot. Due to you I've finally configured my keyboard layouts. BTW, I remember the times when we adjusted xorg.conf to set Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle" But novadays it's been easy to play with keyboard :)