PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] [Gnome3.2] How do I disable "screensaver" by default

Spr0k3t
January 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I've got a computer system I'm setting up to display random videos (from a script) on a screen. The problem is, every 20 minutes the screen goes black and goes to sleep. I've tried going into gnome system settings, then into screen... have the "turn off after" set to never, but it doesn't work. Changing the turn off after to any other setting still turns off the display after 20 minutes.

Also, I checked to see if changing the information in dconf-editor would change anything, but no go. org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power/sleep-display-ac

santhony
January 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm having the same issue as well... I'll let you know if I find anything...

Spr0k3t
January 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm curious... what is your graphics chipset on your system with this problem?

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 09
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:59 memory:fb400000-fb7fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:f000(size=64)

Motherboard is the ASUS P8Z68-V

DGINSD
June 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Just curious if any solution was found on your issue? I'm having the same issue, though I rarely use gnome shell.

I've tried replacing gnome screensaver with xscreensaver, and I've tried completely removing both but all no joy.

I've tried the obvious as well setting to never, and changing settings in both gconf and dconf editors, still the screen times out.

I have a amd 64 chipset and am using the most current fglrx driver

amadness
June 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
go to Activities> System Tools> System Settings> Brightness and Lock.

kansasnoob
June 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I've been using Caffeine (https://launchpad.net/~caffeine-developers/+archive/ppa) since Oneiric. I describe it very briefly in step #12 here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

While that deals with classic/fallback I find Caffeine to work just as well in Unity. I have not tried it in a gnome-shell session.