PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Taskbar ordering?

stevecm
January 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hi,

When I installed Ubuntu Studio my menu icon sat at the left of the taskbar (which is at the top of the window), clock and stuff on the right, and the app icons filled the space between as I started them. However, just recently, and not having done anything deliberately that I'm aware of, the menu icon has moved to the right and now sits next to the clock and network stuff with the app icons being placed to the left of both of them (starting from the left end of the bar). Hope you can picture the scene from that description.

Now, I can move the icon back to the left, but the app icons still want to sit to the left of the icon, so they disappear until I move the menu icon back over to the right. I've looked at all the likely options in the admin and preferences panels but can't see any way to put it back the way it was. I want my menu icon back on the left with the app icons on its right!

Gnome Panel 2.32.1, Ubuntu 11.04
Help!
Steve

stevecm
March 5th, 2012, 10:39 PM
To answer my own question, I had to right click at the left end of the taskbar and uncheck the Lock to Panel, then I could right click the menu icon and select Move, and drag it over to the left. I'm happy again. Although I've kinda got used to it being on the right now .... :(