PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How long for a first boot?

Chris_Nickel
January 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hello,
I am trying to install Umbutu for the first time and things looked like they were going well.
Until I had to name the system for the network, I just went with the default Umnutu and the next screen was purple and it has been that way for the last 30 minutes.
Does the first boot for an umbutu machine normally take this long, or should I be looking for other issues?
Thanks
-Chris

QIII
January 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I would say that this is not normal.

Are you trying to install Ubuntu via WUBI in Windows or as a straight-up installation in its own partition?

bluexrider
January 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hello,
I am trying to install Umbutu for the first time and things looked like they were going well.
Until I had to name the system for the network, I just went with the default Umnutu and the next screen was purple and it has been that way for the last 30 minutes.
Does the first boot for an umbutu machine normally take this long, or should I be looking for other issues?
Thanks
-Chris
That's funny, are you really trying too misspell?

And NO. It does not take 30 minutes to boot the first time. Your machine has an issue, probably with the graphics card.

Are you trying to install from Live CD/DVD or USB

Chris_Nickel
January 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
@bluexrider Oops, typing a new word to fast.

Thanks for the replies.
I restarted the install and everything went fine (installing the updates now).
When I looked at the CD I noticed some scratches I missed on the media, I'm thinking that may have been the problem.

-Chris