PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panel weather application that can display both F and C at the same time?

jaime256
January 3rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
I just added the weather application to my panel and I noticed that I can only display Fahrenheit or Celsius. I also added the repository weather application and this one is the same but at least show me a nice little forecast unlike the first one. What I would like to have is one that shows both C and F at the same time just so I can get used to them both. Similar to seeing both mm and inches at the same time instead of trying to figure out what the each one is. I'm adding the attachment for each of these apps so you can see what I'm looking at.

spacecheck
January 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Before upgrading to from 11.04 to 11.10, I simply added another weather applet for the same location and set the desired alternatives in the preferences for each applet. Might that work for you?

jaime256
January 4th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks. Right now I'm doing exactly that. One uses Fahrenheit and the other Celsius, but you have to open each individually so it's not the same as having both in one, but yes I guess you can use them like this. It's weird that there's nothing that just shows both. At least I don't know of any of the applications on here that may.

Before upgrading to from 11.04 to 11.10, I simply added another weather applet for the same location and set the desired alternatives in the preferences for each applet. Might that work for you?