PDA

View Full Version : Unity panel sucks beacuse...

barry853
January 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi,
I've just went through another struggle with this damn Unity panel and I wonder if you feel the same way about that poor substitute of user interface.

I start, you will get the idea:

Unity panel sucks because:

that stupid vertical bar always seems to get in the way and opens when you just want to click something
it takes centuries for that stupid vertical bar to open and close (Is that animation necessary !?)
when trying to make it more user-friendly with compiz you have a 90% chance for breaking the system
there is no obvious "hide all the ******* windows" buttons
top of the windows sometimes hides under the top panel which makes it impossible to move without a magic 'alt + mouse grab' combination
alt+tab when you have many windows of the same app opened is annoying to navigate
did I mention that stupid vertical bar ?
you can't personalize the bar. No right-click for options

wolfen69
January 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
To me, it doesn't suck. Use what works for you and don't worry about it. Moved to recurring in 3...2...1 ;)

Elfy
January 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Closed - see Recurring Discussion or sticky in the Testimonial forum for many other similar.

There is support for making the most of unity and support for using other desktop environments available.

The time for trolling is long past now - unity is not at all new, in fact it has been about for 2 versions.