PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem With The Workspace Switcher on Ubuntu 11.10

tkabir11
January 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my machine- all is well except for a little problem with the workspace switcher. When I have two windows open side-by-side (you know when you drag each window to the edge of your screen and make it fit in half of your screen), then if I try to switch to a new desktop using the workspace switcher- those two windows move to that new desktop....if you know what I mean :| Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a glitch in ubuntu 11.10- or is it just meant to be like that? :confused:

Btw- this doesnt happen when I have those two windows running without doing the drag-and-fit thingy...ie- they stay in the desktop they were opened in.

innabawks
January 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Ever since I let the update manager install a bunch of updates, the Workspace switcher doesn't work anymore. I tried resetting the unity desktop, and noticed a couple of BUGGY CLIENT messages in the logs. I'm thinking that either some updates didn't install properly, or some updates just need to be removed.

innabawks
January 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Actually, I ran the synaptic update manager and selected all the Unity updates and told it to reinstall them. Rebooted the computer, and my workspace switcher is working again.

tkabir11
January 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Well I was actually using the ''seamless mode'' in Virtualbox- and looks like that was the culprit. Since I was only trying out the seamless mode- I won't be using it anymore since I prefer using vb standalone. Didn't have the problem anymore after reboot.