PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Where has hunspell-en-gb gone (or any British spellchecker)

ZaphodFJ
January 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hi All,

Did a clean install last week (using Xubuntu). LibreOffice spell checker did not work. Thunderbird thought I was American.

Long story short - I cannot find a British spellchecker. Synaptic can find hunspell-en-ca, which is acceptable - but where has hunspell-en-gb gone?

Is anyone else distressed by Noah Webster's spellings able to help?

TIA.

ZF

Paddy Landau
January 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
I don't have a hunspell for the UK. I have libreoffice-l10n-en-gb (apt:libreoffice-l10n-en-gb) and myspell-en-gb (apt:myspell-en-gb).

ZaphodFJ
January 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Done that, works a treat.

Thanks!

PS - it's amazing how many things you forget you do after an installation. Might need to start writing things down!

Paddy Landau
January 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Done that, works a treat.
Excellent. Please mark the thread as solved (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPostsTeam/SolvedThreads).

it's amazing how many things you forget you do after an installation. Might need to start writing things down!
I started doing that right back in the Windows days, and still do so today with Ubuntu. It's well worth it.

coldraven
January 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM
PS - it's amazing how many things you forget you do after an installation. Might need to start writing things down!

I knew that I was going wrong somewhere. <grabs pencil>