PDA

View Full Version : Poll on my blog : Work in IT? Responses appreciated

manfromthezoo
January 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Afternoon, folks. ):P

Do you actually work in IT?

I'm running a little poll over at my blog. I'm interested in garnering opinion on office dress code for 'hands dirty' IT techs.

If you're such a filthy-handed denizen, I'd really appreciate you stopping by and answering the simple multi-choice.

http://ubuntubotherer.blogspot.com/2012/01/should-it-people-be-allowed-to-dress.html

Cheers!

johnnybgoode83
January 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
If you are dealing with internal clients only then there should be no dress code but if you deal with external clients then I would go with a smart-casual dress code.

BrokenKingpin
January 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM
I am a programmer, and my company does not care how we dress, unless we have clients coming into the office (not that often).

Dangertux
January 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I'm currently working as a database administrator. Don't deal with anyone except internal employees but still have to dress business professional. Granted it's a large company so it's more just the policy than anything else.

lisati
January 4th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Most of my IT-related activities are based at home these days. As long as my webcam doesn't get switched on accidentally at an inopportune moment, it probably doesn't matter too much what I'm wearing, so I'll go with "comfortable". :D

As others have noted, dealing with the public can be a consideration, and as such, a minimum of "tidy" would be good.